Houston Family of Four

A photo says, You are so important to me that I want to catch every step of your journey.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Special Moment

I went home to Grand Haven to speak at Central High Schools 2008 Commencement Ceremony last night. I walked into Lakeshore Middle School to be flooded with emotions. Being in my old high school where many bad adolescent decisions were made was very hard. I realized something last night as I stood in front of old teachers, administration, school board members, students, and family, I am proud of myself. I am proud of who I am and how hard I have worked to get to this point in my life.


This is an email I recieved today from Paul Kunde the principal at Central High School:

Cari -

It was great meeting you yesterday. Thanks again for speaking at our graduation ceremony last night. You did an AWESOME JOB!!!!! I received so many positive comments about your speech. Some of our board members and Sue Richards, the Asst. Susp, all said they had tears when you talked.

If you ever need a change and want to come back and teach in Grand Haven, just let me know, I'm sure we can work something out. It's rare to find someone passionate about Alternative Ed.

Good Luck and Keep it Touch.


Paul Kunde

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Cari....I am so mad you didn't tell me when you were speaking...I so would have came to hear you! Awesome job, and maybe you should take Paul up on his offer. I am so proud of you, I love you!
George

May 30, 2008 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger The Barnett's said...

Congrats Cari! That's wonderful news. I can't begin to imagine what you must have been feeling. Good job!!

May 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I met you while you were making the most of yourself, and never had a doubt in my mind that you would be lead to greatness! Basically.......YOU ROCK!

June 2, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home