Houston Family of Four

A photo says, You are so important to me that I want to catch every step of your journey.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Leducs U-Pick Blueberries

When I sit and think about how lucky we are to be living in such a great community it makes me realize why I call this my home. Besides my wonderful friends there is so much to do with the kids if I would just take advantage of it. Today I did just that!


Joy (a friend from school) invited Tyler, Sam and I to pick blueberries out at Leduc's in Paw Paw. I am so glad we went. I always see the U-pick signs but never think about taking a morning and going. I have never picked blueberries and neither have the kids. Tyler always has enjoyed apples in the fall...but this is much better. The bushes are his size, he can eat as he tries to fill up a bucket. He did a great job helping both Mrs. Porter and I fill up our pails.
Sam did great sitting in the stroller and eating blueberries. When she finally got out to run she did and even better job eating dirt, leaves and whatever else she could get.


When we got home Samantha went straight to bed. She was exhausted! Tyler and I made blueberry coffee cake for the weekend at the Lake. Of course, I had to call Ms. Jill our neighbor for an egg and some sugar!


WHAT A GREAT WAY TO SPEND A MORNING! THANK YOU MRS. PORTER!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Barnett's said...

Oh...it looks like so much fun! I love blueberries. Jackson and I will have to give it a try. :)

July 18, 2008 at 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now you are a true blogger....even taking pics of your coffee cake in the oven!! Looks like fun!
I'm planning to visit that Mon-Wed in Aug....18-20 I think. :) Can't wait! I might invite Kelly and her kids if that's okay.
Can you send me the campground info again?? Thanks!

July 21, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home