Houston Family of Four

A photo says, You are so important to me that I want to catch every step of your journey.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

3RD Annual 4th of July Vacation-Silver Lake


Tyler choose these gummy fist instead of ice cream. They were so cute but I couldn't believe he passed up ice cream!


We rented new movies so Tyler was all about sitting and watching TV while it rained.



WE did it...probably the first time ever...we left home on time and without a hitch! I told Dan I would like to leave by 11:00 so to leave by 11:45. We pulled out of McDonalds parking lot with our lunch in hand at 11:55! Amazing.
We arrived in Silver Lake around 3:00. It has been great so far. Tyler was absolutely a crazy person when he saw the sand dunes and all the four wheelers, go carts, dune buggies, and dirt bikes. He is such his fathers son. Dan is going crazy that we decided to not bring the three wheeler. I have a feeling in the next few days Dan and Tyler will be on the dunes in a four wheeler or buggy...I would bet money on it.
I have to comment on the feeling I had driving into Silver Lake with my two kids and wonderful husband. Tyler was so excited and talking non-stop. I was so happy I was in tears. This place brings back such great memories, I am so greatful to my parents and grandparents! I hope my children will have those same great memories.
We didn't do much today...we even had a frozen pizza for dinner. It rained for about 1/2 hour around dinner so no grillin'
Sam went to bed at 8:00. Tyler and Dan went for a bike ride and now they are laying in Tylers bed watching Scooby Doo. I am sitting in the lounge, its the only place you can get wi-fi.
I will try to do this pariodically...for you and for our memory journal!
Miss you....Don't have time to grammer check...sorry!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Barnett's said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!

June 28, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the weather is getting better!
Kelly & I had a garage sale this weekend, & altho' it was supposed to be a 60% chance of rain, we didn't see a drop, and I made $400 toward our China baby mission! Woo Hoo!
We want to go to Silver Lake with you next time!! Gotta plan it for sure!! I'm jealous you are camping, rain or no rain!!

June 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home