Houston Family of Four

A photo says, You are so important to me that I want to catch every step of your journey.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My hope for the both of you!

I hope you-
know about hand me down cloths, homemade ice cream and leftover meatloaf sandwiches. I really
would.

I hope you learn humility by being
humiliated, and that you learn honesty by being cheated.

I hope you learn to make your own bed, mow

the lawn and wash the car. And I really hope nobody gives you a brand new car
when you turn sixteen.

It will be good if at least one time you can
see puppies being born and your old dog put to sleep.

I hope you get a black eye fighting for
something you believe in.

I hope you have to share a bedroom with your

younger brother/sister. And it's all right if you draw a line down the middle

of the room, but when he/she wants to crawl under the covers with you because
he/she is scared, I hope you let him/her.

When you want to see a movie and your little
brother/sister wants to tag along, I hope you will let him/her.

I hope you have to walk uphill to school with
your friends and that you live in a town where you can do it safely.

On rainy days when you have to catch a ride,

I hope you don't ask your driver to drop you off two blocks away so you don't
have to be seen riding with someone as un-cool as your mom.

If you want a slingshot, I hope your dad
teaches you how to make one instead of buying one.

I hope you learn to dig in the dirt and read
books.

When you learn to use computers, I hope you
also learn to add and subtract in your head..........

I hope you get teased by your friends when

you have your first crush on a boy/girl, and when you talk back to your mother
that you learn what Ivory soap tastes like.

May you skin your knee climbing a mountain,
burn your hand on a hot stove, and stick your tongue on a frozen flagpole.

I don't care if you try a beer onse, but I

hope you don't like it. And if a friend offers you dope or a joint, I hope you
realize he/she is not your friend.

I sure hope you make time to sit on a porch
with your Grandma/Grandpa and go fishing with your uncle.

May you feel sorrow at a funeral and joy at
the holidays.

I hope your mother punishes you when you

throw a baseball through your neighbors window and that she hugs and kisses you
at Christmas/Hanukah when you give her a plaster mold of your hand.


These things I wish for you!! tough times

and disappointment, hard work and happiness. To me, it's the only way to
appreciate life.


I'm here for you. And if I die before you do
, I will go to heaven and wait for you.

Written with a pen, Sealed with a kiss..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home